Sunday, April 18, 2010

Presentations + More on Thesis

After seeing the presentations on Friday, I was rather impressed. I really liked how the first group incorporated the theme of "retellings" (essentially the main theme of the class) with modern references in film. After taking this class, I too have noticed that I have an especially keen eye for reenactments in literature and film. I thought the first group definitely used their resources well (powerpoint, video, interactive game show with the class).

The second presentation was wonderful. I think they did a really good job at keeping the class entertained while still providing some informative instruction. I think that was the ultimate goal of the project is to do something that can be silly and fun but still benefits the class. I would say the bar has been set pretty high and hopefully my group's presentation doesn't fail to entertain and inform as well.

But on to my thesis statement for the class: I don't think I like mine anymore. After Professor asked everyone what their thesis statements were in class, he seemed to have a very positive reaction to everyone's ideas. However, when he came to mine, it seemed as though his reaction was fairly lukewarm. So for my new thesis I will be discussing the dynamic roles of women in the Brothers K. and how they are different and yet similar to the brothers of the story. And why they are attracted the the Karamazov men, and why they keeping going back and forth between them, trying to decide who they really love. I want to further investigate on what Dostoevsky is trying to say about the women in the story. So, ultimately, my paper should end up being an analysis of the main female characters in the Brother's K. I'm hoping this thesis will work better. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment