Monday, February 8, 2010

Vonnegut on Lot's Wife


I never read the Bible growing up, never really went to church, and never went to any form of youth group. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but my parents aren't religious at all. So all of these biblical references are brand new to me. I read Slaughterhouse Five about a year ago and I didn't know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and Lot's wife. So after reading this story in class and finally made the connection to what Vonnegut's character, Billy, was talking about and what we learned about in class. Also, something else I picked up on.... The character Mr. Rosewater says that The Brothers Karamazov contains everything there is to know about life. I certainly hope Mr. Rosewater is correct because this book is definitely going to take me some time to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment